PID Kit With Steam And Pre-Infusion For Rancilio Silvia
This PID kit from Auber Instruments will drastically improve the temperature stability of your Rancilio Silvia while also allowing you to adjust the brew and steam temperatures, program pre-infusion and use the built-in timer to improve your consistency.
Brew Temperature: The brew temperature is originally controlled by a bi-metal contact thermostat, which causes a big temperature swing. This PID controller kit replaces the function of the thermostat and, once installed, the standby brew water temperature can be controlled to within ±1°C accuracy significantly improving the taste and consistency of your espresso. Users can see the boiler temperature on the PID controller directly and adjust the brew water temperature to suit their own tastes.
Pre-Infusion: Pre-infusion is achieved by pumping a small amount of water into the coffee, holding off the pump for a second to let the water soak in, then starting pumping for 25 seconds. This prevents the high-pressure water from contacting the dry coffee powder which can cause channeling. The count-up extraction timer contains three segments: pre-infusion pulse (Tp), soak (Td), and brew (Tb). Each segment can be set by the user with 0.1 seconds resolution.
Steam Temperature: The steam temperature control allows the boiler temperature to be held at a tighter range during frothing. The operation is the same as the unmodified Silvia machine. When the steam switch is turned on, the temperature of the heater is controlled to ±1°C; no more temperature "surfing" required.
- Monitor and display the boiler temperature precisely.
- Regulate the coffee and steam water temperature to within ±1°C accuracy.
- Allow easy adjustment on the coffee and steam water temperature.
- Add pre-infusion to improve consistency and reduce channeling.
- Greatly improved the taste and the consistency of brewed espresso shot.
- All buttons on the Silvia machine function the same way as they were.
- The kit includes all the parts needed and is fully reversible.
- Choice of aluminum or black casing
- White LED display
Standard version without pre-infusion, timer and steam temperature control also available.
- Basic knowledge of electronics wiring and safety required
- Basic tools screwdrivers, pliers, a socket wrench, and a small amount of rubbing alcohol needed.
- 30-60 minutes of install time.