IMS Matrix Shower Screen E61
The VC Matrix® shower screen was developed by Del Creatives S.R.L, DVG, and IMS to produce a dryer puck and a full extraction. This IMS innovation is made of 316L stainless steel plate, composed of 50 layers of microspheres, creating tens of thousands of routes, as narrow as 4-5 microns. This allows an even distribution of the water on the coffee puck. The fine porosity causes a pressure drop at the very last step before the water meets the coffee bed. The internal pressure inside the porous plate causes the release of nano-bubbles of steam and CO2, creating a sturdier crema and softens harsh acidic flavors.
- No more channeling! The matrix material structure ensures a uniform flow which lowers the risk of channeling.
- Cleaner groups! Coffee silt does not travel back up the solenoid valve as it is too large to pass through the shower screen. However, oily molecules can still travel back with the water being chucked at the end of the action - so you still have to back flush.
- Get more out of less - Improving the flow on top of the coffee allows the barista to grind the coffee finer and use less of it to reach a similar result.
- Thicker creamier espresso - the micro-bubbles created inside the tiny crevices of the material make their way into the coffee brew. With the fats and fibers, these micro-bubbles build a thicker crema and full body feel, but with softened acidity.
- Dryer puck: The matrix density creates a back pressure and has an internal pressure working inside the pores. the back pressure allows for a drier coffee because there is always water above the shower "denied" passage to the portafilter at the end of the shot.
Compatible with machines from the following manufacturers:
Ascaso - Azkoyen - Bezzera - BFC - Bianchi - Brasilia - Casadio - ECM - Expobar - Faema - Faimac - Fiamma Rst - Fiorenzato - Grimac - Iberital - Italcrem - Kees van der Westen - La Nuova Era - Orchestrale - Promac - Quality Espresso - Reneka - Rocket - Royal - Sab Italia - San Remo - Scala - Slayer - SV Italia - VFA Expres - Vibiemme - Victoria Arduino - Wega - E61 Groups
- 50 layers of microspheres
- External diameter: 60mm
- Screen height: 17mm
- Ø 4-5μ water pathways
- AISI 316 stainless steel - food-safe certified
- Made in Italy